Patta Chitta – Tamilnadu Land Records

By | Last Updated on July 12, 2016

Patta Chitta – Online Land Records

Like other states in India, Tamil Nadu has also adopted internet technology to provide online land records. Citizen can check land record on Tamil Nadu government’s official website (eservices.tn.gov.in). In Tamil Nadu state land records are known as patta or chitta. You can view the Patta Copy (Chitta Extract) and A-Register Extract for the agriculture land in Tamil Nadu.

Record of Rights (ROR) in Tamli Nadu

Chitta Register: This contains the details about the owner/s and the relatives name and relationship.

A-register: A-register contains details about the land parcel. The detail includes Survey Number, Sub Division Number, Land ownership type, land type, irrigation source, soil type, tax per hectare, extent in hectare and ares and the Patta Number which is the foreign key and links to the Chitta Register.

How to View Patta Copy / Chitta Extract?

Acquiring land records in Tamil Nadu is very easy now. Follow the procedure given below to check land records using the online services:

• Log on to official website for Patta Chitta records http://eservices.tn.gov.in.
  • Here you will get different options from which you have to select View Chitta/ patta Extract option.
  • It will take to you a new page Land Records- View Chitta extract. In this page you have to enter some details like district name, Taluk, Village, Patta number, Survey Number and Sub Division Number.
  • After entering all the fields click submit button.
  • You can check Patta Chitta of following districts on eservices.tn.gov.in.
    • Chennai, Kancheepuram, Vellore, Thiruvallur, Salem, Viluppuram, Coimbatore, Tirunelveli, Madurai, Tiruchirappalli, Cuddalore, Tiruppur, Tiruvannamalai, Thanjavur, Erode, Dindigul, Virudhunagar, Krishnagiri, Kanniyakumari, Thoothukkudi, Namakkal, Pudukkottai, Nagapattinam, Dharmapuri, Ramanathapuram, Sivaganga, Thiruvarur, Theni, Karur, Ariyalur, The Nilgiris and Perambalur districts.

How to view A-Registrar Extract in Tamilnadu?

If you want to view the agricultural land details then you should select View A- register land. And follow the similar steps mentioned above.

How to install Patta Chitta Font?

If you want to install Tamil font for patta chitta extract, check following link for step by step Tamil font installation guide.

News Byte: Tamil Nadu to Launch ‘AMMA’ Mobile App to Check Land Records

15th Sep 2015:  Tamil Nadu government will launch “AMMA e-service of Land Records” an improved web based system to check land documents online, Revenue Minister RB Udhayakumar told the Assembly on Monday.

He said under the improved facility, a Mobile Application “AMMA” (Access and Manage through Mobile from Anywhere e-service of Land Records) could be downloaded. By using the facility, the Patta and Chitta copies can be downloaded and by utilising the Q R Code, the authenticity of such documents can be verified through the mobile phone.

Reference: eservices.tn.gov.in.

29 thoughts on “Patta Chitta – Tamilnadu Land Records

1. devi

sir my grand father got kamarasar patta in 1956,but my father miss that patta, when will i get? please any one tell me

2. prabhu KR

I want to see patta,chitta in sivagangai distric, karaikkudi taluk, ambakkudi panchayath, pehanenthal villege servy line No’s

3. D.RAMESH

I AM UNABLE TO VIEW PATTA DETAILS FOR PROPERTY IN MYLAPORE , CHENNAI DISTRICT. HOW TO VIEW THIS IN WEBSITE IN YOUR WEBSITE IN DISTRICT COLUMN THERE IS NO CHENNAI NAME. PLS CLARIFY MY DOUBTS.

4. G.Venkataramanan

I want to view the details about the Nattham manai details – to view the details of any change in survey no etc. This belongs to me after my father since 1998 but no tax is being collected or paid. If I have to pay tax and start work in this plot what should I do?

5. S Sundaresan.

My survey number is 873 Suthamalli Village Pattarai number 215. Please clarify the present ownership.

S. SundaresN.

6. Manoharan

my fathers patta in 1973 is 16 Tambaram town irumbuliyur
    now how to views in land ownership.

7. Bala

Dear Sir/Madam,
    My father has so many lands in his home town. We need all the survey number, sub division no with patta name & name. Is there is any option to get the dtls.
    District : Ramanathapuram / Kadaladi / keelasikkal.

Rgds,
    Bala

8. Mahesh

In online, when im seeing ec and docs , it showing some wrong measurement in land.

Instead of 4 cents 412 , its showing 4 cents 172
    how to update correctly in online

9. S.M.natarajan

I want to see my patta citta-tamil nadu land records. My s.f number is 376 subdivision is 1B pattanumber83 Sundakkamuthur village of coimbatore

10. v.rufus raj

recently my friend contacted the e-seva centre to obtain his patta. The patta showed name of his wife, and his name had been wrongly stated while translating into Tamil. On enquiry the village authorities have suggested that a new application along with copies of no. of documents so that this application can be routed thro. normal procedural channel. The clarification sought is (a) when applicant had submitted with all details in the format requesting transfer of patta at the time of registration why this process need to be done again?(b) since the name of the owner is already stated in the patta but wrongly made out at the time of data entry in Tamil, what is the steps to be taken ,with whom etc.

11. MR P.KUPPUSAMY

MY AGRICULTURE LAND IS IN GRAND MOTHER NAME SHE DIED BEFORE 10 YEARS HOW I TRANSFER THE LAND TO MY FATHER NAME

12. Jeyakumar

Please explain me how to check patta details for Velachery land, I am not getting any details for velachery
    Thanks a lot
    J.Kumar

13. PADMANABHA

sir few years back at denkanikota sub registar off i canceled genaral power of attorney , affter cancelation with canceled G,P,A, he register propety with money power colluded with sub register, we moved to court court has given veridict in favour of us and given permanent injuction affter court order agin he coluded with revenu department and patta has been changed , now we again we have to fight where our laws going if we have money we can do any thing that in few peopels mind but at the same time officials not responding us properly it is great head ack for us

14. chinnasamy.k

PATTA NO 3287 DIVICION 184 SUB DIVICION 11 NO FILE WHAT RESON

15. mohana

My father bought a agriculture land before 28years,he register a land but he didn’t transfer a patta in him name,what will do now

16. m sivalingam

Sir How to search patta No and survey No to online for legal cases.

17. Abhilash

18. Sis eels ganesan

Got bank loan 15 yrs ago to buy my flat. Now only we found out the patta is missing. No help from the bank. How to apply to get a new one?

19. Srimath Gothanda Ramanujam

i want the land map of land for the patta no. 158

20. Abi Dhivakar

Land is on our name but my relatives having the documents of the land…but they are against us…how to know the details like chitta register and A-register..pls reply

21. Soumya

Hi. I am a sub-registrar too in Karnataka State. The website address you have given above do not work. Please check and set it right.

22. ponn.ezhilarasan

land patta transeferering request to revenue departmen, in peraiyur -tk, madurai-dt.,tamilnadu-st.