Stamp Duty Refund in Maharashtra
Section 44 and from section 47 to 52 of Maharashtra Stamp Act 1958 have stamp duty refund facility for buyers. Buyers may refund stamp if it is not used or damaged before use. To get stamp duty refund buyer has to apply online to respective Collector of Stamps.
Maharashtra Stamp Act 1958, sections related to stamp duty refund.
44. Power to Revenue Authority to refund penalty or excess duty in certain cases.
47. Allowance for spoiled stamps.
48. Application for releif under section 47 when to be made.
49. Allowance in case of printed forms no longer required by corporations.
50. Allowance for misused stamps.
51. Allownace for spoiled or misused stamps how to be made.
52. Allowance for stamps not required for use.
How to apply for Stamp Duty Refund in Maharashtra?
Go to Department of Registration & Stamps’ website (www.igrmaharashtra. gov.in). On this website in Activities section click on link ‘Stamp Duty Refund’. Now click on link ‘form’ and download it. Fill the form and submit it to respective Collector of Stamps with required documents.