Bhoomi (also known as Bhoomi RTC or Bhoomi Karnataka) is a project by Karnataka Government to provide online delivery and management of the land records in Karnataka state. The Revenue Department of Karnataka has built the Bhoomi System with the technical assistance from National Informatics Centre (NIC), Bangalore.
The goal of the project is to provide quick services to citizen with keeping transparency in land records management. State Revenue Department is working to achieve goal and has computerized 20 million records of land ownership of 6.7 million farmers in the state.
Now a farmer can easily obtain a copy of land records (RTC/Pahani) by providing owner’s name/plot number at government authorized kiosks in 177 taluk offices. You only have to pay Rs 15 for the procedure. A farmer can check the status of a mutation application on Touch Screen Kiosks. If the revenue inspector does not complete the mutation within 45 days, a farmer can now approach a senior officer person with their grievance.
What is Pahani (RTC)?
RTC is stands for Record of Rights, Tenancy & Crops. In Karnataka state Record of Right (ROR) is known as Pahani or RTC Book. Pahani (RTC) is a very important revenue records, as it contains details of land such as owners’ details, area, assessment, water rate, soil type, nature of possession of the Land, Liabilities, Tenancy and Crops grown, etc.
What does Pahani contain?
Pahani or RTC Contains following information
- Hissa number and survey number of land.
- Total Land under Pahani (measurement and details of complete land).
- Land Revenue details.
- Land owner’s name with Extents and Khatha Number.
- The way land is acquired by the owner.
- Government / Public rights on the Land.
- Liabilities of the Owners on the Land.
- Classification of the Soil of the land.
- Number of Trees on the land.
- Source of irrigation and area irrigated of land.
- Cultivators Details.
- Utilisation of land under various categories.
- Details of Crops grown season-wise on land.
- Details of Mixed Crops.
How to get the Pahani?
One can get the signed copy of computerized Pahani from Pahani Centre, set up at the Tahsildar Office, instantaneously by paying Rs.15.00. If he is unable to come to Taluk office, it can be collected by paying Rs.15.00 to Village Accountant / Revenue Inspector, who in turn will collect computerized Pahani from Pahani Centre and hand it over.
Computerised RTC Vs Manual RTC
There is absolutely no difference in the contents of computerised RTC and manual RTC. In all computerised taluka, only computer generated RTC’s are valid for all legal purposes and handwritten RTC will not be recognized by Government.
What is Mutation?
Mutation is a process through which Owner’s name or his particulars like liabilities get changed because of some type of transactions.
How to verify RTC online?
- Goto official website of Karnataka Land Records (RTC Bhoomi Karnataka) http://bhoomi.karnataka.gov.in
- Click on link ‘Verify RTC‘
- Enter Sl. No. and click submit button to verify Bhoomi RTC.
Note: Bhoomi RTC Karnataka covers following land records of following districts of Karnataka
- Bagalkot, Bangalore Rural, Bangalore Urban, Belgaum, Bellary, Bidar, Bijapur, Chamraj Nagar, Chikballapur, Chickmagalur, Chitradurga, Dakshina Kannada, Davanagere, Dharwad, Gadag, Gulbarga, Hassan, Haveri, Kodagu, Kolar, Koppal, Mandya, Mysore, Ramnagara, Raichur, Shimoga, Tumkur, Karwar (Uttara Kannada), Udupi and Yadgir district.